A transparent, repeatable model from forensic analysis, to the development of a prescriptive approach to delivery with a clear focus on capability building and handover.
Cloud Migration Consultancy Services
Stary your journey today
Why Do Companies Need Cloud Migration Services?
Companies have consistently faced several challenges with computing technology over time. These include running and supporting legacy hardware and applications, providing on-site support for critical infrastructure, swiftly responding to new operational requirements, and maintaining business continuity during a crisis.
The advent of cloud computing introduced benefits and solutions for these and other issues. Exponential data and application migration to hyperscale providers like AWS and Azure has driven further innovation on those platforms.
Simply put, cloud migration frees businesses from traditional IT obstacles.
What Are the Types of Cloud Migration?
The cloud “gold rush” began in the 2010s, as companies started migrating workloads onto public cloud platforms like those provided by Amazon (AWS), Microsoft (Azure) and Google (GCP). There are four main strategies:
- Lift and shift – essentially running the same servers and applications on virtual servers hosted in the public cloud instead of on-premise – a fast route to the cloud, but with significant pitfalls, especially ongoing costs.
- Greenfield – a rebuild or re-platforming of applications/services during the migration. It could involve
- An upgrade of some operating system and software components;
- Making use of Platform as a Service (PaaS) offerings such as managed databases or file storage solutions;
- The complete re-development of an application into “cloud-native” designs, using Function as a Service (FaaS) offerings and microservices.
- An example of such an approach was the new case management portal implemented for the body of the UK government linked to the judicial process system.
- Cloud-to-cloud – migration of services from one cloud provider to another, usually for enriched offerings and/or cost savings.
- Hybrid – a combination of public and private cloud platforms, for example, running development and test platforms in the public cloud, with live production systems running on-premise.
Each has benefits, with investment costs rising at each step along with corresponding rewards.
The Benefits of Cloud Migration
- With auto-scaling technology, cloud platforms provide flexibility through instant access to computing, storage and networking infrastructure, that can scale as demand grows.
- Cost reductions are achieved through scaling down at quiet times, potentially to zero cost using cloud-native technologies.
- Staff costs are reduced by using managed services and removing hardware procurement and support.
- Agility and business dynamism are enabled since new business services’ development, testing, and scaling is rapid and encourages “fail-fast” cultures, driving innovation.
- Business continuity and reliability are enhanced through cheap backup storage, along with simple multi-zonal and regional deployments of applications and services.
- Disaster recovery plans can be deployed, tested and destroyed with minimal cost and thus boost the chances of success if needed.
- Security can be elevated since cloud platforms facilitate good practices such as encryption, and provide tools conventionally unavailable to some companies, such as Web Application Firewalls (WAFs) and protective monitoring (SIEM) tools.
Companies must devise an effective cloud migration strategy backed by primary business objectives to maximise these benefits. Picking up an application and running it as is on the cloud is rarely the best strategy. Cloud-native and microservice solutions can drive improved reliability, superior customer experience whilst simultaneously reducing infrastructure and support costs – such as the global payment processor deployed in AWS. Look at cloud adoption as an opportunity to set in motion new development methodologies and inspire innovative ways of working.
FAQs about Cloud Migration
What is cloud migration?
Cloud migration involves businesses moving their data and information to the cloud. The remote storage infrastructure will also handle business applications and other elements. A managed cloud migration is exceptionally useful for companies that operate internationally. Thus, making it easier to access information.
The investors welcome innovation and modernity, which simplifies operations. Lastly, cloud migration promotes a healthy IT environment that is less costly but boosts performance. It is secure too.
Why cloud migration?
- The foremost reason cloud migration services are growing is because of cost savings. It is much more reliable and less costly than purchasing software and hardware.
- Managed cloud migration also increases productivity.
- Cloud migration support protects the data from physical and natural disasters such as fires, floods, earthquakes, and storms.
- Cloud migration strategy focuses on security. It protects sensitive corporate data from hackers, intruders, and other individuals with malicious intent.
What is a cloud migration strategy?
A cloud migration strategy is expert-level planning to transfer a company’s applications and workloads into the cloud. Most of these plans involve a public migration cloud such as Google Cloud Platform, Microsoft Azure, or Amazon Web Services.
Cloud migration strategy involves identifying the workload necessary for the migration. The strategy is launched and tested to ensure efficient results. Companies usually hire cloud migration strategy consulting companies for a step-by-step guide. These professionals will also revise and update the strategy according to business parameters. A managed cloud migration strategy will overcome issues such as unmatched architecture and the use of other tools to make the transition seamless.
What is migration in cloud computing?
Migration in cloud computing is a digital process that happens online in a “cloud”. However, it is also a physical move, in some aspects. On-premise to cloud migration consulting services will guide the clients in uploading data, electronic processes, and applications to remote data centres. In other words, the company does not physically pack and move physical goods.
Cloud computing requires extensive preparation and advanced minds, similar to migrating from a small to a big office. However, the investment is worth the effort as companies witness large savings and enhanced data storing flexibility. In addition, migration also means transferring data from one cloud to a different cloud.
What are the phases of cloud migration?
Managed cloud migration has four phases:
- Preparation is the first phase, where cloud migration support will identify the relevant applications analysed in databases. Moreover, the migration categories are determined.
- Planning is the second step that involves shaping the strategy based on the information collected in the first step. The business motivators, constraints, and resources are carefully studied.
- Migrating is an essential step that has multiple cycles of testing and migrating. The source data is transferred to the target destination while the company waits for validation.
- Revision and optimisation are the last step in a successfully managed cloud migration. The step insists on revision and upgrading the strategy to reduce costs further.
What is cloud migration testing?
The best cloud migration services UK insist on cloud migration testing. Instead of on-premise to cloud migration consulting services, testing involves outsourcing operations to a third party. As a result, the client assesses the data performance in the target applications. Testing analyses the security and availability of the resources.
Moreover, infrastructure downtime is also identified to minimise communication lag. Testing will also provide suggestions to overcome corporate challenges such as geographical barriers, lack of team collaboration, restricted budgets, or lax quality assurance protocols. Cloud migration testing is necessary to gain insight to avoid sunk costs and challenges in the future.
What are cloud migration and modernisation?
Cloud migration involves transferring data and infrastructure to the cloud. As a result, companies save money and time. However, its biggest drawback is the inability to grow and stay updated with technology. It lacks long-term planning, so companies reach new levels of economic domination.
Cloud modernisation, conversely, is a dynamic process that is advantageous for small and large clients. The strategy involves all business units to actualise their aims. Cloud modernisation builds anticipation and motivates the core staff to adopt the technology. It promotes collaboration, teamwork, and communication. Moreover, cloud modernisation also offers real-time reporting so that companies can extract relevant information for faster results.
How does cloud migration work?
A cloud migration strategy has the following elements to ensure a seamless transition.
- The client first establishes goals and how they hope to see the business in the future. These goals are later studied to identify whether the cloud migration strategy was successful.
- Cloud migration also involves a security strategy because the network barriers do not protect the business’s digital assets. Therefore, cloud firewalls are deployed.
- The company selects a cloud provider and starts transferring databases. The step is continuous as the data transfer can take a long time to upload.
- The cloud migration support will rewrite the source and target codes.
- The managed cloud migration is now live!
What is AWS cloud migration?
AWS or Amazon Web Services promises to be more than cloud migration support. The service offers an uncontested user experience and modern solutions for data management. Furthermore, it guarantees assistance every step of the way to guide the employees expertly.
AWS’s cloud migration strategy is popular among millions of worldwide customers with prominent clients such as NASA, Moderna, NHL, Redfin, and Snapchat. AWS cloud migration promotes flexibility and cost-effectiveness. The cloud migration platform has the operational, technological, and corporate features to establish a successful transition. It’s features and modern services offer help to numerous industries. AWS cloud migration will instantly add value to the operations while educating the client extensively.
How can the Microsoft cloud adoption framework facilitate migrating to Azure?
Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework has the necessary features and tools to guide clients without complicated steps. The service successfully implements cloud technology and guides individuals, employees, and corporations to use Azure.
Microsoft Cloud Adoption Framework to Azure encircles strategy building. The transition also studies the possible outcomes and the return on investment. Furthermore, the client will map and evaluate other applications. The user selects the Database Migration Service feature from Azure and subscribes to their Migrate Database Assessment for a successful migration. After the steps are complete, Azure cloud migration support manages and supervises the data/information.
Innovate with confidence by taking control of your data and technology.
Business & Technical Agility
Propel your organization's competitive ability to anticipate change, accelerate digital business and drive innovation in times of disruption.